Back to 9/4/08 - This is the day we found out we were pregnant (it only took 3 tests to convince us). I'm pretty sure that wrinkle in my forehead came about at that exact moment -- we were overwhelmed! Here's how it went down...
Labor Day weekend was one of most fun I've had in a while! I spent the weekend in Destin for Brooke Tate's bachelorette party. The following Thursday, returning from having my hair colored, I decided there were several things I should probably avoid were I actually to be pregnant (like decreasing my Diet Coke consumption from 6 cans per day, getting my hair colored, etc.), so I take the internet's advice on getting a home pregnancy test. I inform Luke that I'm headed to the drugstore, and he is absolutely convinced there's no possible way we could be. He kindly offers to ride with me (despite my assurance that he shouldn't feel obligated, being merely the other partner of this little tango), so off we go. Like idiots, we only get one test (a digital one that actually reads "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant", as if that wouldn't be obvious enough for us), and head back to the store, hearts racing. I think the emotions were so mixed around that we didn't know whether to laugh or cry....we just stood hugging in our bathroom for a few minutes, not sure what to do next. Not exactly a normal Thursday evening in our household...
Why does this make me want to cry?!!! :-)
ReplyDelete